Who's My Councilperson?

Providence RI


« January 2023 »

News RSS Feed

RSS Feed


Frequently Asked Questions

Call the Traffic Engineering Division. Please have correct street name and intersection if any.

Traffic Engineering

Complete an application for the corresponding street closing permit.  Must submit 10 days before the date of closure.  Please read the guidelines carefully.  Submit to Department of Traffic Engineering, 90 Ernest Street, Providence, RI  02905

Traffic Engineering

Complete a voter registration card and mail/bring to the Board of Canvasser at 25 Dorrance Street, Providence, RI  02903. Open Board of Canvasser link to request a registration form.

Board of Canvassers

Mail ticket and payment to Providence Municipal Court, 325 Washington Street, Providence, RI  02903 or pay online by opening link.

Providence Police Department

Complete the corresponding application. Mail/bring the application and corresponding fee via check or money order made out to the City of Providence to Vital Statistics, 25 Dorrance Street, Providence, RI  02903

Vital Statistics City Registrar Office


Go to Public Works at 700 Allens Avenue, Providence, RI  02903 and fill out a dumpster application.  Signatures will need to be obtained from other city departments.  There is a list of dumpster companies to choose from. The fee is $40.00 for 1 month.

Department of Public Works

Complete the appropriate claim forms with original signatures and mail/bring to the City Clerk, 25 Dorrance Street, Providence, RI  02903. *Make a copy for your records.

City Clerk

Call the Sewer Division of Public Works.  Please have the exact location and intersection of the sewer drain.

Department of Public Works

Fill out a sidewalk application and mail to DPW, 700 Allens Avenue, Providence, RI  02905. Sidewalk application is available online.
Department of Public Works

Call the Forestry Division.  Please have exact location of tree including if the tree is on a side street.

Parks Department

Call the Public Works Department, Environmental Division or go to 700 Allens Avenue, Providence, RI  02905.  The fee is $5.00 per bin

Department of Public Works


Call the Providence Police Department, Vehicle Recovery Unit.  Please have exact location, make/model of vehicle and license plate if any.

Providence Police Department

Call the Tax Assessor for assessment/valuation information. Call the Tax Collector for payment information or go to the link to view.

Collectors Office

Call or visit the Recorder of Deeds at 25 Dorrance St., 5th Flr., Providence, RI 02903

Recorder of Deeds Office

Complete an application at Board of Licenses, 25 Dorrance Street, 1st Flr., Providence, RI  02903 or call. The fees vary but are usually $10 or $25.
Board of Licenses

Call the Public Works, Environmental Division

Department of Public Works

Check jobs available on the Human Resources link. Fill out an employment application located under the forms link.  Mail/bring to the Director of Personnel, 25 Dorrance Street, 4th Flr., Providence, RI 02903

Department of Human Resources