Councilman Nicholas J. Narducci, Jr., Deputy Majority Leader | Ward 4
Thank you for visiting the webpage of Ward Four, representing the North End neighborhood. I am pleased to offer this site as a resource to the community members of our ward and the city as a whole.
My staff and I are available to answer your questions and to help resolve any problems you may have.
I was first elected to the Council in 2006, and re-elected in 2010 to represent the North End of Providence.
My main priorities as your Councilman include: making our neighborhoods safer places for all to live; and addressing important policy issues, including but not limited to education, tax stabilizations, and government accessibility.
My committee assignments include:
• Chairman, Committee on Urban Redevelopment, Renewal and Planning
• Chairman, Committee on Claims and Pending Suits
• Member, Committee on City Property
• Special Committee to Study and Make Amendments to PERA, 2007-2011
I also serve as a Council designee on the Board of Park Commissioners, the Providence Housing Authority, and Providence Redevelopment Agency.
As your Councilman, I believe that my constituents should have a clear idea of my background, experience, and values.
I have three brothers and three sisters; we were born and raised in the Fourth Ward of the City of Providence. My parents, Nicholas Sr. and Shirley, have always been there for all of us. My parents raised the seven of us to be close and to always be there for each other through good times as well as bad. They taught us to respect others and to help, if and when we can.
My father, grandfather, and great-grandmother loved politics. My great-grandmother (born in Italy) used to write and translate letters for politicians. My father wanted to make a difference in our Ward Four. Many years ago he ran for representative; he didn’t win, but that didn’t stop him from helping anyone he could. And if he couldn’t directly help, he would tell you were to get the help. At the time neither he nor I realized what an influence they would be on my political life.
I have been married for 29 years, and my wife Valerie and I have two grown children: Nicole and Nicholas III.
I have always been very active in our community. Below is a summary of my civic and volunteer involvement:
• Parishioner of St. Agnes Church
• Coach and member of the North End Wanskuck Little League (1979-1998)
• President of the North End Wanskuck Little League (1998-present)
Youth football coach (1981-present)
• Fourth Degree member of the Knights of Columbus
• Active Board Member of the Presentation Columbus Club
• Served on numerous committees with the Knights of Columbus to help provide food and clothing to needy families.